So start acting like you are the one with the big corner office. Start making some executive decisions regarding your career, your benefits and your bottom line:
Do you need additional training?
- Are you in a position with upward mobility?
- Are you making the most of your 401K?
- Should you go back to school?
- Are you up-to-date on the software applications you need to learn?
- If you were offered a promotion right now, would you have the skills and the knowledge to jump into that position and hit the ground running?
- If the answer to that question is no, then what can you do to prepare yourself to go to the next level?
Sure, there is a recession going on. I know things are extremely difficult for job seekers and people stuck in jobs they don’t like. All this means is that it even more critical to take control of your career now. Don’t wait until you are downsized to start making change. Don’t wait until things get go from bad to worse. Even if you are happy where you are and doing what you are doing, now is the time to take the reins.
As CEO of You, what will be the first executive decision you make?