Wednesday, November 12, 2008

I'm Just A Girl Who Can't Say No!

As I burned the midnight oil, for yet another night, I had an epiphany. I realized that I was overloaded. My plate is piled high. My cup is running over. There is no more room at the inn!

Ironically, I did a mini-workshop back in September about The Power of No. I talked about harnessing the power of no to take back control over your life. I talked about saying no to new responsiblities. I discussed delegating and spreading out tasks. I even said that some times you have to say no to things you like and enjoy so you can spend your time on the most important and most relevant tasks.

I had a very receptive audience. They really listened to what I had to say. Two months later, I wish I had. I am simply spread too thin. And the hard part is that everything I'm doing is something I love or truly enjoy: coaching, promoting my Feelin' Fine in 2009 teleseminars, my movie review site DivaSoulSista.com, my editing responsibilities for the P3 Power Boost magazine, prepping and researching for my next teleseminar and e-book, contributing articles to several magazines, this blog, and I know there are a few things I'm forgetting. As much as I am dreading it, I know I need to say no. Something has to give and if I don't so something what will give is me.

So over the next week or two I have some hard decisions to make. As much as I hate to see something I love go (or at least get placed on the backburner), I'm also excited. I am looking forward to having a little less on my plate.

Cheryl Richardson calls this process giving up good for great. While a lot of what I'm doing is good stuff, by putting it aside, I'm making room from something truly great and who wouldn't be excited about that!

No comments: