Laughter has been proven to reduce levels of stressful hormones like cortisol, adrenaline and dopamine; while increasing the feel-good endorphins. It also boosts the production of disease-fighting antibodies and T-cells that can boost your immune system.
Like meditation and deep breathing, laughter is another great way to relax and release some tension. Laughter can also help to dull pain.
How to Laugh More
- Tune into comedies on TV and in Movies
- Surround yourself with funny friends
- Spend some time playing with kids (they always do or say something funny)
- Do soemthing you enjoy, something that puts a smile on your face
- Get away for a weekend, a day or even an afternoon
- Learn to the humor in small mundane frustrations whenever possible
People who laugh more tend to be more positive, more optimistic and more fun to be around. Laughter also helps you change your perspective and realize that things aren’t always as bad as they seem. Life is a little more bearable when you laugh.
A dose of laughter might not cure the common cold but it can help cure a bad day.