Thursday, February 10, 2011

Must be the Music

I was driving home from work the other day when an old song came on the radio. Instantly, I was transported back to my sophomore year in college. It was magical. Memories came flooding back and it felt good, really good. I'm pretty sure I put on a good show for people driving next to me in traffic as I sang and danced along with this old friend.

Shakespeare said, "If music be the food of love, play on," but music communicates so much more than love. Music has a power to transport us to another place or time. It can evoke strong emotions. It can anger us. It can empower us. It can draw us further down into despair. It can soothe our weary souls. It can change our moods. It's a force to be reckoned with.

So today, or tomorrow, throw in a favorite CD and revel in the joy that is music.

Come back and share which songs move you the most.

No comments: