Thursday, January 7, 2010

Karyn Cooks: Smoked Salmon and Spinach Pizza

It's a new year and almost all of us have resolved to eat healthier and/or lose weight (I'm doing both!). In that spirit, I've included a recipe for Smoked Salmon and Spinach Pizza from a free cookbook, I recently downloaded. I plan on making it this evening, but I figure I like smoked salmon, I like spinach and I like pizza. How can it be wrong???

What I love about these recipes is that they include all the nutritional info at the bottom so you know exactly how much you are eating. And for you Weight Watchers, each pizza is 4 points.

Ingredients:
• 1/2 cup tomato pasta sauce
• 1 cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed to drain
• 1/4 lb smoked salmon, cut into pieces
• 4 small baked cheese pizza crusts
• 4 scallions, thinly sliced
• 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
• 1/2 tsp dried dill
• 1-1/3 tbsp capers, drained
• 1/4 cup sour cream


Cooking Directions:
Preheat oven to 350°F. Spread sauce evenly over cheese crusts and place on
oven tray. Divide next 4 ingredients over pizzas. Sprinkle each with dill and top
with shredded cheese. Bake 15-20 minutes, or until heated through. Serve with
sour cream.


Per Serving: calories 160, fat 11g, calories from fat 55% protein 15g, cholesterol 35mg,
dietary fiber 2.7g


For this recipe and others, click here!

1 comment:

Alexandra said...

This looks delicious! Thanks for sharing! Let us know how it turns out!