The holidays are great. It's all about family and children and goodwill towards all ... but what about you. It's easy to be selfless during the holidays. There is so much to be done: gifts to buy, food to prepare, parties and gatherings to attend. There are the decorations, the gift wrapping and so much more. But now, it's time to take a breather.
It's time to take a moment for yourself and just relax. Give yourself one final gift and do something for you. Take a weekend, a day or an evening and indulge yourself. Don't know what to do? Here are some suggestions.
- Get a massage.
- Treat yourself to a manicure and pedicure.
- Get your hair done.
- Have dinner at that new restaurant you've been dying to check out.
- Take a long drive and check out some of the Christmas lights (they'll be gone soon).
- Retreat into a dark theater and watch a movie (don't forget the popcorn).
- Have a romantic evening at home or go to a hotel for the night.
- Have a relaxing facial.
- Take advantage of some after-Christmas sales (if you aren't completely tired of shopping).
- Cuddle up with a good book.
If you want your me time to also be alone time, that's fine. But it doesn't have to be! Grab a girlfriend and take her to the spa with you. Take the hubs or wife out, I'm sure they'll appreciate a little R&R too.
It doesn't matter what you do or who you do it with, just make sure you do something to relax and unwind! Before you know it, it will be January and we'll all be back to work!